Ready to design a unique icon library?
Level up your vector skills and churn out a fresh icon library in a month! Every day you'll be tasked with designing a new icon in Figma!
How to work with this template? Click
Duplicate in the right top corner & save it to your Notion workspace.
💡 Challenge tips
- Design your icons in a figma file titled Memorisely Icon Library Challenge
- Design your icons in a
2pxpadding within your icon container
- Maintain consistent edges (rounded/sharp)
- Opt for outline or filled...or go the extra mile and design both
- Set the same stroke weight for consistency
- Maintain a consistent color palette with your icons
- Resize icons easily by whacking
Kon your keyboard!
- If you find yourself in a pickle 🥒 and not sure how to approach a certain day, constraint, method, etc., then head to our
#_design-challengechannel in our Tribe Slack and plenty of friendly folks will help get this sorted with you!
- Oh and do have fun! 🤸♂️
You are free to be creative, but remember to be consistent and stick with the same style the whole month, from day one. This way it will look like they belong together and you will have a cool looking set of icons by the end!
⚡️ Handy References
🤯 Read, write, and design at the same time!
As a book club, we will be reading Thinking in Icons by Felix Sockwell in line with our monthly challenge. Our Memorisely Book Club is totally free to join, and every week we host a live reading of a chapter in Clubhouse! 📚 ☕️ Join our Book Club for FREE →
"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - Hans Hofmann
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein